This is for AB!!! Help rescue his Altec soul!!!
This is for AB!!! Help rescue his Altec soul!!!
Thanks AB I will pm his email, I would have done this earlier, but the PM wasn't working.
- - - Updated - - -
No worries Phil!! This is FUNNY!!!
Howdy guys - I'm IN! Thanks for turning that magic key for me!
I am Steve Beatty from Minneapolis, MN and I was the midwest Regional Manager for ALTEC professional sound products in 1974-1975, covering Montana to Indiana, and calling on sound contractors, recording studios, music dealers with training material, literature, and product samples like the new 800-watt 9440A power amplifier.
Still messing with ALTEC after 40+ years - last winter I refurbished a pair of 9849A - currently upgrading crossovers on 4 Valencia Walnut 846B's. Test equipment includes a Behringer DEQ-2496 EQ/analyzer and AudioTool running on a Lenovo 8" tablet.
Please say hello and show me around the board - you are all my new friends - looking forward to meeting all of you!
Cheers and Happy Listening, Steve Beatty [email protected]

Well Steve "Welcome To The Board" ! Sorry to hear you were having so many problems trying to register.We have a free "Marketplace" thread up at the top of the page that you can post Want to Buy or For Sale items.. It Has to Be All Altec related gear however. We also have a small Library that can use some more literature if you have anything you think would be helpful let me know and will add it to our library...Best way to find out about our board ? Is to just explore the threads. There are tons of tidbits of information here and again Welcome !
AB
Thanks AB! I appreciate your quick response!
I haven't looked around your board much - is there a spot for member profiles? I have photos of past & current ALTEC projects, and my "Voice of the Neighborhood" home system. You seem to be inviting ads - I have 4 9849A crossover networks - and 4 ALNICO 846B Valencias with the newer 16" baskets & my upgraded N800-8K networks for sale on another website. OK to post those same ads on here right away? I know the KL**** Forum gatekeepers bristle at newbies posting ads - they want to see 1000 posts before they grudgingly give you the time of day! Of course I will play by The Rules here, answer all questions promptly & politely, and contribute to forum dialogs as time and experience permit.
Nice to be aboard! It's all about the MUSIC!
Greets!
Nice to have another ex-Altec employee on board!
I'm just an avid DIY speaker designer that historically has preferred mostly Altec components and thanks to an Anaheim plant visit in the '60s combined with being a ~ regular visitor to the Atlanta distributor to buy stuff and/or audition new products, was added to their Tech Bulletins mailing list, which of course helped me a lot over time.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Welcome Altec-Rep. "Voice of the Neighborhood" I love it. Cant wait to see some of your projects. Rick from Rockford IL
Bookmarks